Saturday, January 2, 2010

Coming soon

I'm starting a blogging project soon. I'm hoping highlight different people I know who are actually taking what Jesus says in the Bible seriously. They're providing shelter for those without it. They're not casting stones when most of the world is. They're seeing what could be when there is currently nothing. Essentially, they're living their lives day-to-day and being obedient to God in everything.

Why am I doing this? Honestly, because I'm trying to figure out what it looks like to live a life of total abandonment and work a job.

It's easy to say, "I'll do that when I'm financially stable" or "I'll serve that way with my spouse whenever I'm married." I believe God wants us to be living in surrender to Him now, in whatever stage of life we're in.

So I guess I'm doing this for me to learn, and my hope is you, gracious reader, will learn something too.

Oh, the project's name is Everyday Jesus.

1 comment:

Niko Vasiloff said...

I'm pumped for this! Great idea Em! :)