Monday, January 25, 2010

El Roi

El Roi, pronounced el ROY

It means "The God Who Sees Me."

This name of God is used in Psalm 139:7-12:
Where can I go from Your Spirit? Where can I flee from You presence? If I go up to the heavens, You are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast. If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light will become night around me," even the darkness will not be dark to You; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to You.

Though it might seem frightening that the Creator, All-powerful God knows exactly what we're thinking and feeling (the Lord knows there are several things I wish He didn't know), but find comfort in it. There is no temptation or trial that we are going through that Christ Himself hasn't been through. It's like we can talk to someone who's been there before, who understands our feelings and can help us do the next right thing to proceed in life.

He is El Roi, the God who sees us.

1 comment:

Niko Vasiloff said...

"The next right step." -love that.
Thank you for the reminder that our God is El Roi. Powerful.